Get the latest Adobe Reader X (version 10)
FREE Adobe Reader X for Windows, Mac OS, Linux, ..
What is Adobe Reader?
Adobe Reader, formerly known as Acrobat Reader
, is the free and most downloaded software for viewing PDF files
With Adobe Reader X installed on your computer system you can open, view
, digitally sign
, and print
all PDF documents. You can also annotate
with Sticky Notes and highlight
It is available in almost any language.
Note: PDF or Portable Document Format, invented by Adobe Systems, is the global open standard for sharing rich information. PDF files look like original documents regardless of the operating system or application used to create or view them.
Adobe Reader's History of Main Releases
- Acrobat Reader 1.0 - released on June 15, 1993 for Macintosh
- Acrobat Reader 2.0 - released in September 1994 for Windows and Macintosh
- Acrobat Reader 3.0 - released in November 1996
- Acrobat Reader 4.0 - released in April 1999
- Acrobat Reader 5.0 - released in May 2001
- Acrobat Reader 6.0 - released in July 2003
- Adobe Acrobat Reader 7.0 - released in January 2005
- Adobe Acrobat Reader 8.0 - released in November 2006
- Adobe Acrobat Reader 9.0 - released in July 2008
- Adobe Acrobat Reader X (version 10.0) - released on November 15, 2010
If you need installation help or other support
, please go to Adobe Reader Help & Support
For more information, you can visit the Adobe Reader FAQ
Other popular software from Adobe
Note: Adobe Systems acquired Macromedia in 2005.